I couldn't say the exact place, but for me the place begins to dictate itself or become revealed by the criteria you have. For me, I set up my criteria first; some of which is
- must be less than an hour and a half away from a reasonable job market (for me Melbourne)
- must be within a 30 minite push bike ride to a medium sized town as I am a social animal and a town of less than say 4 or 5 thousand people would send me to the looney bin.
- must be a property costing less than $100,000 because mortgage repayments must be doable for the two of us, and I wash dishes and the missus is in retail.
- property must have the potential for council approved owner builder rights/permit
- median rainfall above 350 mm cos I like grapes and water(the two need each other)
- would prefer to be in an active ish bio-regional perm-style hood
Rainfall 580mm p/y
119 kms from Melbourne with new Calder freeway and New upgraded rail line
Daylesford/Hepburn Springs 35kms away, Bendigo (pop-100,000) 38 kms away
We bought 10 acres Nth facing backs onto 7500 hectare forest to the south 10 minute walk to the supermarket the pub or the cinema for $90,000 last November
Work out the Criteria and then research like mad :lol:
And don't wait the time for action is now Homey
"213 we play gangsta #*&@!, 2-1- mother #*%^!ing 3!!" Snoop dogg, Nate Dogg, Warren G