The Forum software has been upgraded since this information was posted (way back in 2006).
Please go to page 5 of this thread for the current procedures to upload pics to your posts and to create/manage your own photo albums within the PRI Forum.
if anyone would like to use our permaculture photo gallery for hosting your permaculture-related photos, then you may sign up for an account here.
after registration, follow these steps to get your pics uploaded:
1. from the front page, click the "User Galleries" link
2. click "create/order my albums" button
3. click "new" button
4. rename your album from "New album" to "yourname's photos" (or whatever you like)
5. click "apply modifications" button
6. click "continue" button
7. click "upload file" link at top of page
8. follow the instructions to upload your files
9. after upload, be sure to fill in the photo details, name, description, and also choose your album from the droplist...
(please, no pics larger than 1Mb in size.)
the benefits of using our gallery: it's a permanent spot for your permie pics and will get quite a lot of traffic from the official PRI site, plus you can point to them in your forum posts here... also - i might even hack up a widget for the forum so they show up here somewhere, randomly picking from the user galleries.
let me know if you have any questions...