View Full Version : Picture help
03-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm trying to upload a few new pictures to Mandala town, but I get a message to say I've exceeded my limit for attachments. When I click on the view you attachments hyperlink that comes up it strangely takes me to a list of smilies.....
Any suggestions as to how I get my photos up?
03-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Aha! So THAT's where all the smiley's have been these past few months ... in Eco's upload folder!!!
But seriously Eco, I think that you've encountered a size limit to uploading attachments to the PRI server (although I don't know exactly how many bytes this limit is set to ... I will check).
You could delete some of the pics/files in your attachment folder, freeing up space to upload some new ones, or you can upload your images to a photoserver and post a direct link to the pics in Mandala Town (or a regular forum posting).
There is a difference between uploading images to the PRI server and providing an image link to pics stored on an image server (photoserver) elsewhere on the net. Here's a procedure for posting pics from a photo server. This procedure will also work to post pics in the Mandala Town community:
Posting Photos hosted on a photo server:
1. You must have an account on a server somewhere to host your pics, then include a link to your photo within your post.
2. This is true for avatars also (actually not with this new V-Bulletin software).
3. Potential photoservers (I believe these are free sites):
Image Shack http://www.imageshack.us
or just Google "image hosting" and take your pick
4. Upload your photos to your account using the instructions on the photoserver site
5. Highlight the direct link to your pic, then "Edit" - "Copy" the link
6. In your post, click on the Img button along the top of the posting text box (where you're typing your post)
7. This will insert the following into your post: Place your cursor between the two delimiters, between these ] [ and then paste the direct link to your pic using "Edit" - "Paste"
8. To see the results, click on the Preview button directly beneath the posting text box.
9. If you like the results, click the Submit button. If not, continue editing your post until you are happy then click submit.
Does this make sense??
03-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Ta. I'll give it a try. Any ideas how I could go about deleting some of the ones I've already posted?
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
To delete photos in your album:
Go to "View Profile" at the top right of the forum page
- Select the album from which you'd like to delete pics
- Select the pic you'd like to delete
- There's a box that you can check to "Delete This Picture"
- "Save Changes" at the bottom of the screen
Let me know if this works for the pics you have in Mandala Town ... I'm not yet sure if the pics you posted there are in your profile "Album" or not.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.